The risk warnings that follow apply when handling cryogenic media. They do not claim to be complete, and responsibility for safety lies with both the system-designating body and the user. STÖHR ARMATUREN manufacture fittings according to customer specifications in compliance with the given technical standards, and therefore we take no liability for the installation and operation phase beyond.
This website, our product catalogue, the product finder on this website, our sales team and our sales partners abroad will help you select the right valves for your application or project. However, the choice of valve type, its installation, start-up, operation and maintenance are the sole responsibility of the system-designating body and the user. Valve function, type of sealing, material compatibility, operating pressure, operating temperature and the system environment must all be taken into account.
The primary risks when dealing with cryogenic gases:
- Risk of explosion due to uncontrolled pressure increase during the transition to the gaseous phase (boiling point)
- Risk of ignition
Possible countermeasures can be:
- Sufficient ventilation/air exhaust in the workplace
- Training on the safe handling of cryogenic gases
- Wearing protective clothing and goggles
- Cleaning of fittings, gas tanks and pipelines in the media room for the use of combustible gases (oxygen)
- Constructive safety measures to avoid gas entrapment
- Development of accident scenarios and rescue plans for emergencies
- Advance information to emergency services
Best for Helium - and nothing gets lost.
We offer design solutions for liquid helium applications.Valves from STÖHR optimize effort and cost for an efficient transport of the medium within your system.
When used in 24 / 7 / 52 continuous operation, STÖHR valves are not immune to errors, despite their tried and tested design, the use of the best materials and careful processing during assembly and testing. If this happens, we offer support:
Pneumatic or electric actuators from different manufacturers, attachments for control valves, different valve cones, flushing valves or surface fineness - STÖHR ARMATUREN offers various options for the configuration of your valves: